Getting a Library Card

To obtain a UHV Library borrower's card:

  • You must present a valid Texas driver´s license or Texas State issued ID card with a current address that falls within the University of Houston-Victoria service areas.
  • High school students may be issued a card if they present a valid Texas driver’s license or state ID card with an address that falls within the service area or a current high school photo ID (parent must present a valid Texas ID). Exceptions should be referred to the Reference Desk for evaluation or temporary privileges.
  • There is a replacement fee of $3.00 for a lost borrower's card.
  • We do not issue borrower's cards to children below 16. 
  • Apply for your borrower's card at the Library Circulation desk.

Counties Served


  • Calhoun
  • DeWitt
  • Goliad
  • Gonzales
  • Jackson
  • Lavaca
  • Refugio
  • Victoria