Tax Forms and Information
Listed below are several government websites that can direct you to tax forms, instructions, or other tax programs. The University of Houston-Victoria Library does not provide assistance with filing your taxes or offering tax help/advice.
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programThe Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who are 60 years of age and older, specializing in questions about pensions and retirement-related issues unique to seniors.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) programThe Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
Tax Form 1040 and Form 1040-SR
Listed below are IRS.gov links for more information regarding Form 1040 and Schedules.
- About the Form 1040A general guide and instruction for the updated Form 1040 and schedules.
- About the Form 1040-SRForm 1040-SR is available as an optional alternative to using Form 1040 for taxpayers who are age 65 or older. Form 1040-SR uses the same schedules and instructions as Form 1040 does.
- Schedules for Form 1040Provides detailed information regarding each specific schedule for the Form 1040.
- Form 1040 Instructions (HTML)The online detailed instruction guide for the revised Form 1040 and schedules.
- Questions and Answers about the Form 1040Provides Q&A regarding the tax law changes and on the different schedules.