What type of information can I find on websites?
Websites can be published by individuals, companies, or organizations and usually provide specific information about topics. Websites can help you find current information and websites are easily changed and updated. Be careful when reviewing information from websites. Often times, information on websites are not held to scholarly or journalistic standards.
Government Agencies & Associations
- Region III Education Service CenterServing Victoria and the Crossroads
- Region IV Education Service CenterServing the Houston Area.
- Victoria Independent School DistrictWebsite for the Victoria Independent School District.
- Harris County SchoolsProvides links to the school districts of Harris County.
Tests & Measurements
- Learning Express Library This link opens in a new window****REQUIRES INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION.**** Online, interactive materials to help learners succeed in school and in the workplace. You will find test preparation, tutorials, skill practice sets, and ebooks. There are several "centers" in the Learning Express Library - The College Preparation Center, The School Center, the College Center, the GED Test Prep Center, the Adult Learning Center, the Career Center, and Recursos para Hispanhablantes. Learning Express/EBSCO
- Finding Information About Psychological TestsPrepared by the American Psychological Association to provide guidance in using available resources to find psychological tests.
- Texas Success InitiatorPractice tests for the TSI from Houston Community College System. We also have print and electronic study guides for TSI.
- Code of Fair Testing Practices in Educationa guide for professionals in fulfilling their obligation to provide and use tests that are fair to all test takers regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, linguistic background, or other personal characteristics. From the American Psychological Association.
- ETS Online Research LibraryETS develops and administers many major tests - including TOEFL, GRE, and the PRAXIS series. They also conduct and publish research on assessment and testing. Their database captures in one place research published by ETS and ETS Staff members, including that published in:
•Published Conference Papers
The database is primarily bibliographical, but links to full-text.
- Texas Educator Certification Examination ProgramBeginning September 1, 2018, Pearson became the testing vendor for the Texas educator certification program. They administer the following tests: TExES, TExMaT, TASC, and TASC-ASL.
- Texas Education Agency: Educator TestingDescriptions and information about the testing program for the certification of educators state-wide.
- Test Preparation ResourcesA wide variety of test preparation resources are available here free of charge. Interactive Practice Exams to take online are available for each test and well as preparation manuals for download
- National Science Digital LibraryThe nation's online portal for education and research on learning in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- PBS Teacher SourceOffers a quality curriculum resource for teachers and educators. Provides 3,500 lesson plans and activities arranged by general subject categories, and then by grade levels, for quick access to relevant materials. All lesson plans come with objectives, links to various state and national standards, materials, procedures, assessment ideas, extensions/adaptations, and resource lists.
- TeachNETA K-12 teacher's dream, providing educational resources and contact with other teachers. As a nonprofit organization, TeachNet has been in operation since 1996
- CourseraCoursera partners with top universities and professors to offer courses online free to anyone. Courses are offered in a wide range of topics (23 categories) including biology, business, computer science, humanities, mathematics, medicine, social sciences and many more.