What type of information can I find in scholarly articles?
Scholarly articles have a very focused topic and try to answer research question(s) set by the authors. Peer-reviewed articles are scholarly articles that are evaluated by other experts in the field.
The easiest way to find scholarly articles on most topics is to search in OneSearch.OneSearch searches nearly half of our databases at one time. You can also search in specific databases. The databases listed after the OneSearch box are databases that have communications information.
Best Databases for Finding Journal Articles
- Communication and Mass Media Complete This link opens in a new windowProvides indexing and abstracts for over 550 journals, many dating as far back as 1915. There is also full-text for over 250 journals. This database incorporates CommSearch (produced by the National Communication Association) and Mass Media Articles Index (produced by Penn State). EBSCO
Try These Too
The databases below provide journal articles in a wide spread of academic disciplines. Because good communication is important to so many fields, you might find relevant articles here.
- Business Source Complete This link opens in a new windowIndexes over 10,000 scholarly business journals and other sources, full text for over 9,500 titles, including over 1,000 peer-reviewed business journals. Includes industry & market research reports from Datamonitor and country reports from CountryWatch and Business Monitor. Covers all areas of business. EBSCO
- Academic Search CompleteProvides full text for nearly 5,318 scholarly publications covering academic areas of study including social sciences, humanities, education, biological & ecological sciences, computer sciences, engineering, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences, and ethnic studies. EBSCO
- Humanities Full Text This link opens in a new windowIncludes feature articles, interviews, obituaries and original works of fiction, drama and poetry in all fields of the humanities from art, classical studies, and film to journalism and more. EBSCO/H.W. Wilson
- Opposing Viewpoints (Gale in Context) This link opens in a new windowExamines contemporary issues from the pro and con. Features viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazine, academic journal, and newspaper articles, primary source documents, statistics, images and podcasts, and links to Websites. Gale
- APA PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowProvides access to international literature in psychology, the behavioral sciences, and related disciplines from professional journals, book chapters, books, reports, and dissertations. Most citations include abstracts.Also included are millions of cited references in journal articles, books, and chapters. EBSCO