What type of of information can I find in data and statistics?
Data is a collection of facts, such as numbers, words, measurements, or observations. Statistics collect, analyze, interpret and present data. Statistics can help you provide numerical evidence to support your claims.
- PubChemPubChem is an open chemistry database at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- ChEMBLChEMBL is a manually curated database of bioactive molecules with drug-like properties. It brings together chemical, bioactivity, and genomic data to aid the translation of genomic information into effective new drugs.
General Data and Statistics
- Statista This link opens in a new windowStatista provides access to statistics and studies gathered by market researchers, trade organizations, scientific publications, and government sources on more than 600 industries. In addition to tables and charts, Statista also provides infographics and studies on selected industries and topics. Statista
Note: Remote access is restricted to UHV users.
- Pew Research CenterPew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. You can search by keyword or browse by topic.
- GallupContains a wealth of information for researchers on opinion polls and trends. Special features include a guest scholar poll review each month, an informational FAQ section that explains the Gallup poll's history and techniques, and special historical reports