Week 1: Strategizing Around the Globe & Managing Industry Competition
1. Dr. Wang’s Video 1: General External Environment Analysis
2. Harvard FSS: Where Do Strategies Come From? . Lecturers: Rivkin, Jan W. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series. 2005.
3. How Much Does Industry Matter, Really? McGahan, Anita, M. Porter, Michael E. Strategic Management Journal; Jul97 Supplement 1, Vol. 18, p15-30, 16p.
Week 2: Leveraging Resources and Capabilities.
1. Dr. Wang’s Video 4: Industry Analysis - Part I
2. Dr. Wang’s Video 5: Industry Analysis - Part II
3. External Environment Analysis and Interpretations
4. Harvard FSS: Crafting business strategy and environmental scanning lectures. Lecturers: anand, Bharat N.. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series, 2006.
Week 3: Emphasizing Institutions, Cultures, and Ethics
1. Dr. Wang’s Video 9: Organizational Culture & Leadership
2. Duncan, W. Jack; Ginter, Peter M. & Swayne, Linda E. (1998). "Competitive advantage and internal organizational assessment." Academy of Management Executive. 12(3), 6-16.
3. Harvard FSS: Building Strategy-Focused Organizations with the Balanced Scorecard. Lecturers: Kaplan, Robert S.Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series, 2003.
4. Harvard FSS: Authentic Leadership. Lecturer: George, William W. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series. 2007.
Week 4: Growing and Internationalizing the Entrepreneurial Firm
1. Harvard FSS: Judo Strategy: Turning Your Competitors' Strength to Your Advantage Lecturers: Yoffie, David B.. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series; 2002. Duration: 1:00:17. (AN: 1512c) Video
2. Yoffie, D.B. (1999). "Judo strategy." Harvard Business Review. 77(1). p. 70. Jan/Feb .
Week 5: Entering Foreign Market Entries
1. Watch Dr. Wang’s Video 8: Value Chain Analysis
2. Harvard FSS: How Countries Compete: National Startegies for Globalization. Lecturer: Vietor, Richard. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series. 2007.
Week 6: Making Strategic Alliances and Networks
1. Watch Dr. Wang’s Video 3: General Environment Analysis
2. Harvard FSS: Scope and Global Strategy. Lecturer: Khanna, Tarun. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series. 2005.
1. Bungay, S. (2011). How to Make the Most of Your Company's Strategy. Harvard Business Review, 89(1/2), 132-140.
2. Coman, A. & Ronen, B. (2009). "Focused SWOT: Diagnosing critical strengths and weaknesses." International Journal of Production Research. 47 (20), pp 5677-5689.
Week 8: Managing Global Competitive Dynamic;
1. Porter, Michael E. (Spring 88). "From competitive advantage to corporate strategy." McKinsey Quarterly. 2, p. 35-66.
2. Harvard FSS: Managing People for Competitive Advantage. Lecturer: Bartlett, Christopher A. Harvard Business School Faculty Seminar Series. 2003.