A proxy prefix should be part of all library database URL's. This prefix allows students and faculty affiliated with the Victoria College or the University of Houston-Victoria free access to the databases.
Without the proxy prefix, users trying to access databases from off-campus will not be recognized by the database vendor as a VC or UHV user.
The proxy prefix is https://login.ruby.uhv.edu/login?url=
You may have to add this prefix to your URLs.
The Journals@OVID does provide a persistent URL, however, you still need to add the proxy prefix.
To create a persistent URL, please follow these steps:
- Conduct your search
- In the list of search results, click on the article title
- Click on the Email Jumpstart link above the full text window
- A box will appear with the URL
- Copy the URL
- Paste the URL in your document
- Insert the proxy prefix before the http:// in the URL