A proxy prefix should be part of all library database URL's. This prefix allows students and faculty affiliated with the Victoria College or the University of Houston-Victoria free access to the databases.
Without the proxy prefix, users trying to access databases from off-campus will not be recognized by the database vendor as a VC or UHV user.
The proxy prefix is https://login.ruby.uhv.edu/login?url=
You may have to add this prefix to your URLs.
Gale databases (such as Literature Resource Center, Health Resource Center, and Literature Criticism Online) provide a persistent URL which you create as a "bookmark", but you still have to add the proxy prefix.
To create a persistent URL, please follow these steps:
- Conduct your search
- In the list of search results, click on the title of the article
- Click on the Bookmark this Document link in the Tools box on the right
- A screen will open showing the URL. The URL may be very long but you need all of it
- Copy the URL
- Paste the URL into your document
- Insert the proxy prefix before the http:// in the URL. An example of a Gale persistent URL with proxy information is shown below