A proxy prefix should be part of all library database URL's. This prefix allows students and faculty affiliated with the Victoria College or the University of Houston-Victoria free access to the databases.
Without the proxy prefix, users trying to access databases from off-campus will not be recognized by the database vendor as a VC or UHV user.
The proxy prefix is https://login.ruby.uhv.edu/login?url=
You may have to add this prefix to your URLs.
EBSCO databases such as Business Source Complete, CINHAL, Academic Search Complete, etc. already contain persistent URL links containing the proxy prefix.
To retrieve the persistent URL, please follow these steps:
- Conduct your search
- In the list of search results, click on the title of the article
- On the left side of the page, you shoul see a Tools column (see image below)
- In the Tools column, click on the word Permalink
- A box will appear above the article title with the persistent URL. Put your mouse over the https:// in the box and click once
- The persistent URL should highlight
- Copy the persistent URL
- Paste the persistent URL into your document