The library has 1 Wacom Tablet available for checkout.
Eligibility: VC/UHV students, staff, and faculty
Loan period: 7 days
Specifications: Replaces your mouse and turns your computer into a digital drawing canvas ; pressure sensitive pen and digital eraser helps you to draw thicker and thinner lines depending on how hard you push on the pen ; Use your fingers to navigate, scroll, zoom your artwork with multi-touch gestures ; Medium size, 10.75-by-8.75 inches
Software:   Autodesk Sketchbook Express & ArtRage Studio ; Connects to Mac or PC and works with any software program
Free Drawing Software
- GIMPFree downloadable software for drawing as well as photo retouching
- QueekyCreate animated drawings using QueekyPaint, a unique and easy to use drawing application. Membership to this online art community is free.
- Sumo Paint ExtensionA photo editor and painting application that works in a browser. You can open and save images from your hard drive or save it to cloud.
Read & Learn
- Graphics Tablet Solutions byISBN: 1929685734Publication Date: 2001-01-01Containing 320 pages of vivid, full-color examples, "Graphic Tablet Solutions" is the first book to address graphics tablets, bringing new freedom to its users through the book's simple format and comprehensive topics. This book teaches users to choose, install, customize and optimize the hardware for their design needs. It covers how to set up and maneuver photo editing software and discusses basic drawing techniques, creating illustrations and Web graphics, using shadows and depth, and creating weather and nature effects.
- Digital Imaging with Photoshop Using the Wacom TabletThis instructional video, featuring Wacom sales manager Steve Smith, is about ways to use the Wacom Tablet to enhance creativity in Adobe Photoshop.