Register to Vote
While it's too late to register to vote in the November 3, 2020 election, you can always register to vote so that you can vote in future elections!
To be eligible to register in Texas, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen;
- be a resident of the county;
- be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months);
- not a convicted felon (unless a person's sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
To register to vote in Texas you must provide:
- a Texas driver's license number or personal identification number issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety or the last four digits of your social security number.
- If you have not been issued any of these numbers, then you must state that fact on the application by checking the designated box.
- If you do NOT have any of these numbers, you can register to vote but you must provide proof of identification. The following are the seven acceptable documents:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport