The University of Houston-Victoria Library serves UHV students, faculty, staff, and the scholarly community. In addition, the UHV Library partners with the Victoria College Library to serve students and faculty of both schools. Some library services are also provided to area residents.
The joint libraries provide access to over 200,000 books in physical and e-formats, 65,000 audiovisual titles, and 76,000 full-text journals. The Victoria Regional History Center, a Library department, serves as the archival repository for UHV and VC, as well as maintaining a growing collection of manuscript materials on the region’s history and an extensive historical photograph collection.
The UHV Library is located in University Commons, 3006 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria, TX 77901.
How We Help Students
You might be wondering why you should care about the library. When people think of libraries they often think of a dark, silent place with rows and rows of books. We do have plenty of books, but we are so much more than our print collection! The following are just a few things that the library provides to help you be a successful student:
- Study spaces
- Whether you like to spread out your things on a flat surface or like to lounge comfortably, we have a study space option for you! You can book a study room online or in-person and enjoy our large monitors and white-board walls.
- Research help
- Soon you'll start to get assignments that require you to use scholarly sources. The library provides access to a variety of databases that contain the resources you'll need to complete those assignments. We make sure that there is a librarian on duty whenever the library is open so you can get help when you need it.
- Equipment bookings
- The library has more than books for check out! We also have equipment like laptops, microphones, cameras and more available for check out.
- Popular materials
- We want to make sure that we support more than just your academic needs. Through the library you'll be able to access popular fiction and nonfiction, as well as newspaper and magazine articles and streaming videos!
- Computers & printers
- We have over 30 computers that you can use to get your work done. You'll also be able to print in both black and white and color at the library.