Most library projects for FY18 were part of preparations for moving into University Commons (under construction) in summer 2018. Construction delays have changed our move-in to the spring of 2019, but the projects motivated by the impending move have been numerous and intense. We have been examining all physical collections to determine future locations—UHV University Commons, Victoria College Library facility, Off-Site Storage, or deaccessioned.
Here are just a few of the projects:
- Main Book Collection - Librarians assigned to each subject area evaluated titles against a matrix of usage, age, and inclusion on core title lists.
- U.S. Documents - The Library decided to transition to an online depository.
- Juvenile Collection - Removed titles were offered to an elementary school with a library destroyed by Hurricane Harvey.
- Victoria Regional History Center - To facilitate the move, VRHC staff have been reorganizing the collection, assembling all documentation and finding aids.
- VHS and Audiotape Collections - These collections were withdrawn as other technologies supersede them.
- Bound Periodicals Collection - All titles duplicated with online holdings were discarded.