The original and three copies of the approved thesis should be submitted for binding to the Sr. Director of Libraries as early as possible, but no later than 4:00 p.m. on the last day of final exams for the semester or term in which the candidate expects to graduate.
- Fall graduation -- Last day of final exams for the fall semester (December)
- Spring Graduation -- Last day of final exams for the spring semester (May)
- Summer graduation -- Last day of final exams for the summer terms (August)
Cost of binding
The library will charge the candidate the current minimum binding charge of $20 per thesis copy. There may be an additional charge for larger theses.
Distribution of theses
- Original - library archives. (All signatures on this copy must be originals.)
- One copy - library circulating copy.
- One copy - Divisional Office of candidate's major (Arts & Sciences, Business, or Education).
- One copy - Chair of candidate's committee.
At the candidate's option, other copies may be bound for his/her own use.
Choice of paper
The original copy of the thesis must be printed on acid-free paper.
Copyright of your thesis is secured automatically when the thesis is created, and it is "created" when it is fixed in a copy for the first time. However, if you want to register your copyright with the U.S. Copyright Office, you have two options:
(1) you may handle this entirely on your own, or
(2) you may submit the appropriate paper work, along with one copy of your thesis (which may be unbound), and the registration fee of $45 to UH-Victoria by the deadline date shown above. The University will send all of this to the U.S. Copyright Office for you. (The Library has a packet of materials which explain copyright registration in more detail.)
Please Fill Out the Following Forms:
Please fill out these forms, print them, and submit to the Sr. Director of Libraries with your original thesis and 3 copies.